5 Do it yourself SEO tips for small business April 2021
1. Write content for readers not search engines. I get asked all the time to review and edit content. What I find often is that business owners will write hoping that the article ranks because they have stuffed it with all the keywords and phrases they can think of. Unfortunately this isn’t likely to work anymore. Write genuine articles that you would want to read yourself and don’t load it with unnecessary keywords.
2. Use Google My Business to the fullest that you can. GMB may be one of your best opportunities to be found online. Complete your profile and then use the platform weekly. Post pictures and information about your products and services.
3. Optimize your images. When you take a photo using your phone or digital camera, your device will create a file name that often makes no sense. Before posting the image, always change the file name to be more descriptive. This will help rank the image and possibly drive more traffic to your website.
4. Building internal and external links helps keep visitors on your website longer and improves your bounce rate which helps with websites authority score. The higher your authority score the better you will rank.
5. Post regularly on socially media. Social signals are important these days. Create great content without selling too much. Then post regularly every week and be sure to share the love by tagging or linking to other related brands or businesses.